“All my bags are packed, I’m ready to go …”
You’re going to go, so you check everything that you need to bring: a ticket, money, clothes, hmmm ….. I forgot something? Then maybe you’ll start to wonder: What if … I do not like the food, running out of money are lost …? Well, what if you have to prepare yourself for the unexpected things that can possibly happen during the trip? Learn about some of the nasty things that can happen during the time of travel, and advice on their use.
(1) cultural differences:
You are in Greece and you were treated to dinner Greek family & # 39; and. They give you a plate of food that can actually make you full. Once you’re done eating, they refill your empty plate of food. Trying to be polite, you do everything possible to make it all complete. And after that the owner refills your plate! What are you going to do? Try to be polite and destroy everything again? Hey, rest other. Do not be too hard to imagine! For grechatsav absurd to leave the guest with an empty plate, so every time they see your empty plate, they will fill up the plate. Then what to do to show that you are full? Just leave the food on the plate. Is not it simple?
* Tip: The knowledge and study of the culture specific place in front of her visit is very important. Reading a book about it, browsing the internet, or simply asking your friend, who was there, will be very useful to make a shameful moment in the fine.
(2) Lost Translation:
“Wow, I’m in Japan!” You are very excited to face the first day in Japan. You turn on the TV, and all programs in Japanese. You go for a walk; all the characters in the Japanese language. You go to the restaurant, the menu in Japanese. If you request a bill, the waiter gives you a bottle of beer in his stead. (The Japanese are sometimes confused “I” and “d”). Then you realize that you are in a difficult situation. No you can not understand, and you no one can understand. Aaaaarh!
* Tip: Learn the simple expressions, such as “Can you help me?” or “What is it?” in the language of the country you are visiting. Bring a dictionary. Make the most of all that is around you: pictures in the magazine, the things that you carry in your bag, and even parts of your body to communicate.
(3) Money matters:
You’re in Lombok after traveling from Yogyakarta and Bali, when you learn that in your pocket is not enough money. Or maybe you’re in Sweden, you are surprised to find that everything debit card so you can withdraw some money from an ATM or credit card, and you can still make purchases using it. But hey, you do not want to go home to flat broke, do not you?
* Tip: Plan your spending. Find information about local prices from the Internet. Bring extra cash in case of emergency. If you really have to use your credit or debit card, use it wisely.
(4) Power Mood:
You go to a restaurant and order something from the menu. But if the food comes, you wonder what it’s like to eat in Fear Factor and the taste is not to your taste.
* Tip: Bring instant food just in case, if you can not eat local food. But if the place you want to visit, do not allow you to Australia, just to try to & # 39; to eat the food that you are given. Just remember that when the natives are with him & # 39; there, you can also & # 39; have it. This way or another, is not poisonous.
If you have a special diet restrictions due to your religion or health, or you are a vegetarian, you do not need to worry about food. Just make sure that you inform the responsible person or write down what kind of food you want to get (vegetarian, Muslim, Hindu or Buddhist) in the form of diet restrictions, when you confirm your trip.
If you are traveling with a Muslim in other countries, be careful with sausages, meatballs and meat. Although the seller says they are made of beef or chicken, the meat is usually mixed with pork, as in some countries pork is much cheaper than beef or chicken. In some places, even in Europe, you can easily find the sign of “halal”. But if you can not sign and not sure what to eat, you can with the & # 39; to eat sea food or vegetarian food. Just be prepared to open your mind and try new foods. Believe me, they are also delicious.
(5) Patient meaning:
You are traveling abroad. When you wake up in the morning, you have a headache and fever. So you decide to take medication and rest. After a day you do not improve, you decide to go to the hospital and seek medical advice. But if you get to the hospital, they do not want you to take. Oh my God …! What’s the problem?
* Tip: Whenever you travel abroad, it is important to provide themselves with insurance covering all the things that may arise during your trip, such as sick. Without insurance, most hospitals will not receive you. To be safe, better to buy a coverage on some money that you disconnect on purchases. You never know what might happen, is not it?
(6) The complexity of directions:
You are in some place in Java. Late at night, and you return to the hotel after a meeting with a friend in a shopping center nearby. The first five minutes you are sure how to go. But then you start to get confused, because, it seems, got lost. If you ask someone on the street, you zbyantezhytsesya, as this man is showing you the way, using the directions on the basis of the compass: just go west for about 100 meters, then turn to the north, and the building will be to the east of you.
* Tip: if you go to Bali, west, central and eastern regions of Java, make sure you know enough about the direction by compass. Or you can buy a map. Then study it and always bring it with me, No matter where you go. In an emergency, if you get lost and you need to ask someone to the instructions, you can ask the person to show you the way, using the map.
(7) The problem of theft:
You for shopping in Hong Kong. If you are going to pay for your purchases, you realize that your wallet has disappeared! You lost money and passport. Day, which should be happy for you, turns into horrible.
* Tip: Before traveling, always remember to make a copy of all important documents for you – passport, insurance and tickets. Put a copy in your luggage, and the originals – in a bag or backpack, so if a thief steals your documents, you still have a copy. If you lose your passport, you need to inform the embassy or consulate of your country.
Talk to the airline that the thief also purchased your ticket. Returning to his country, you can talk to a responsible person with the insurance company about your problem and the additional amount of money that you spent there because of this problem. If such an incident are included in their compensation, the insurance company will pay you money depending on the type of insurance that you have – silver, gold or platinum.
Thus, willing to travel and experience new things now? What if after all that you do to avoid all possible problems mentioned above, the unexpected still happens? Well, just smile and try as best as possible to enjoy the holiday. And when you come back to reality, you can say to someone, “You will not believe what happened to me in the past a holiday!”